To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Rodman.
- Have a minimum of one to two years of experience in construction.
- Understand instrument setup quality and staking tolerances.
- Must have experience using GPS and Total station / Robotics (Trimble SCS is the program TSC is using).
- Must be able to perform survey layouts by using station and offsets, point staking, and staking line between points, using roadway baselines/centerlines, setting grades with plans or with 3D line work or surface.
- Good math skills.
- GED or High school diploma preferred.
- Be able read, write, and speak English (Spanish is a plus).
- Must have a valid driver license, have a good driving record, and pass background check.
- Flexibility to work weekend, holiday, and/or overtime as the project needs.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- Hardhat, Gloves, Reflective Vest & Safety Glasses (Clear and Dark
- Work Boots
- Tool Belt
- Harness, Lanyard, Wall Chain and Retractable Lanyard
- Tape Measure, Hammer, Pencil, Utility Knife
The following trainings are required to continue to perform the duties of the position:
- Safety Training (OSHA 30Hr), TSC Safety Modules, Orientation, Fall Protection, Trench Protection, Confined Space Entry, Lock Out, Tag Out, Ladder Safety, Hand and Power Tools, and Manlift.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and angles.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- Vacation pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k + 5% company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health, vision, dental