Carpenters/Form Setters will build rough wooden structures such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters by performing the following duties. Many of these jobs are not full time, the size of the project and organization of the work determining whether a Carpenters/Form Settersspends all his/her time on one job or is transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion. Some Carpenters habitually work in one branch of the industry, whereas others transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion or according to the availability of work or on a seasonal basis.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Follow safety rules at all times.
• Full cooperation with the Superintendent, Foreman and Subs at all times.
• Knowledge and ability to use the following forming systems: Aluminum Gang Form, Simons, EFCO, Stick Frames, Wood Forms.
• Always finishes assigned tasks on time with high standards of quality.
• Has a good general knowledge of construction practices.
• Construct, erects, installs, and repairs structures, and fixtures of wood, and plywood.
• May weld metal parts to steel structural members.
• Excellent housekeeping skills.
• Ability to finish concrete to grade and straight edged.
• Treat equipment with care and keep tools clean.
• Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
• Hanging ledgers, overhang brackets and decking with plywood and steel.
• Ability to read and understand rebar plans and be able to place rebar curtains and mats.
• Forming slabs, columns and walls for concrete pours.
• Making sure all parts of structures are plumb and square and true.
• Know all proper signals for crane work.
• Be able to work with metric, feet, and hundredths measurements.
• Reads and understands plans and specifications.
• Able to survey grid-lines and elevations.
• Regular attendance required.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, including equipment operational and/or safety manuals.
• Communication: Excellent interpersonal communication and team work skills are necessary as proper completion of an assigned job and working safe will be highly dependent upon this ability.
• 5+ years of carpentry/form setting experience within the construction industry is required.