The Foundation Driller will be responsible for drilling holes for concrete pier and footing.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Operates crane mounted drilling equipment for drilling holes of specific sizes for concrete pier and footing.
• Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
• Manipulates or depresses crane controls such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement.
• Uses hoisting attachments such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket as load requires.
• Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
• Daily inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
• Uses critical lift plan checklist and signs off on completion.
• 2+ years of foundation drilling experience is required.
• Knowledge and ability to use the following types of equipment: crane mounted drill attachments.
• Knowledge of construction practices in the foundation drilling industry.
• Must possess tools and knowledge to work with drilling equipment.
• Knowledge of proper signals for crane work.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Driller is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The Driller is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The Driller is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. While performing the essential functions of this job, the Driller is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, and talk or hear, smell or taste. The Driller is occasionally required to kneel, crouch or stoop, climb ladders, bend at the waist, squat, and crawl in tight or confined spaces to perform the essential functions. The Driller must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ascending and descending ladders or stairs is required, and movement on uneven terrain is occasionally required to carry out essential duties. The Driller will spend their time on the physical job site. This position is exposed to high temperatures; cool/cold temperatures; and loud noises. Work in the construction area poses significantly greater risk due to moving construction equipment and active construction zones with trip and fall hazards.
• Attention to deadlines and finishes assigned tasks on time with high standards of quality.
• Excellent housekeeping skills.
• Ability to work with various measurements which include metric, feet and hundredths. Regular attendance required.
• Work Ethic: Dedicated and hard working
• Communication: Excellent interpersonal communication and team work skills are necessary as proper completion of an assigned job and working safe will be highly dependent upon this ability.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, operating and /or safety manuals, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
• Flexibility: Ability to work in a number of diverse locations is pertinent, as work locations may change daily.
• Coordination: Depth perception and eye-hand coordination are critical.