Drives tank truck to transport water for construction projects. May insert pipe in refilled trenches and other excavations, and operate auxiliary pump on truck to pump water into fill to settle and compact dirt.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Observes and operates within applicable traffic laws.
- Pulls levers or turns crank to tilt body and dump contents.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs all functions in accordance with TSC operations and safety guidelines.
- Performs an inspection of the exterior of the truck to ensure safe working conditions; including fuel and oil levels before leaving work location.
- Performs pre and post trip inspections and reports to the dispatcher any cargo or equipment that is inoperable, missing, or loaded improperly.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and /or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, and TSC standards and guidelines.
- Maintains accurate logs and records.
- Ensures that equipment is maintained, kept clean and free of debris or safety hazards in accordance with TSC operating guidelines.
- Safely operates the truck to pick up and/or deliver cargo, as assigned by dispatcher.
- Regular attendance required.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined in the Company’s policy/guidelines.
- Complies with all TSC safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Refuses any unsafe task or operation.
- Participates in safety meetings and training.
- Consistently aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers, and their surroundings.