This position will primarily be responsible for the operation of a crash truck for the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Observes and operates within applicable traffic laws.
• Operation of a crash truck to protect workers where required.
• Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
• Performs all functions in accordance with TSC operations and safety guidelines.
• Performs an inspection of the exterior of the truck to ensure safe working conditions; including fuel and oil levels before leaving work location.
• Performs pre and post trip inspections and reports to the dispatcher any cargo or equipment that is inoperable, missing, or loaded improperly.
• Ensures cargo or loaded materials are secure.
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal and /or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, and TSC standards and guidelines.
• Maintains accurate logs and records.
• Ensures that equipment is maintained, kept clean and free of debris or safety hazards in accordance with TSC operating guidelines.
• Safely operates the truck to pick up and/or deliver cargo, as assigned by dispatcher.
• Regular attendance required.
• Report safety hazards.
• Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
• Wears appropriate PPE as outlined in the Company's policy/guidelines.
• Complies with all TSC safety policies, procedures and rules.
• Refuses any unsafe task or operation.
• Participates in safety meetings and training.
• Consistently aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers, and their surroundings.
*Supplementary duties will include general laborer duties.*
• Valid Class A CDL license with tanker endorsement (preferred).
• Valid DOT Medical Certificate and Medical Examiner's Report is required.
• Clean driving record to include: no DUI's within past 5 years, no more than 2 moving violations, and no more than 1 accident within past 3 years.
• 2+ years of driving experience in a comparable vehicle - hauling large construction equipment and lowboy trailers.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. This position is exposed to high temperatures; cool/cold temperatures; wind and humidity during the day and evening shifts. Work in and around the construction area poses significantly greater risk due to moving construction equipment and active construction zones with trip and fall hazards.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit (while driving), reach forward, grasp, exercise repetitive foot motion and eye-hand coordination. The employee is frequently required to twist, turn their head, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, climb, bend forward, kneel, crouch or stoop, squat, and crawl in tight or confined spaces. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ascending and descending steps or stairs is required, and movement on uneven terrain is occasionally required to carry out essential duties.
• Must be able to comply with federal and state regulations.
• Must have the ability to read, write, and speak basic English.
• Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information.
• Must be able to function in effectively in a fast paced work environment.
• Must have the ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions, and make sound decisions.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.